Chad and I went to the Big Apple this past weekend! And what a weekend we had! I think we saw and did about as much as we possibly could! My mom and Ed watched the kids so that Chad and I could have at least a couple of days to ourselves during his trip home! We started the weekend by taking the train from Princeton up to Penn Station in New York City! We arrived in the big city in the evening and went out to dinner at a great restaurant. We had a very relaxed leisurely dinner with no baby talk or interruptions! It was so nice! Then we took a little walk around Times Square before getting some cannoli's and calling it a night!
Saturday was Chad's real birthday, but we were celebrating for both of us! We slept in a little on Saturday and then had a very full day of sightseeing! We took a cab down to Ground Zero early in the day and paid our respects to the location where so many Americans lost their lives and why so many are still fighting today! We spent a little time walking about the blocks where the towers stood and we were even able to see the Statue of Liberty. We took a cab back to Broadway where we went to see a show! Chad took me to see Wicked! The show was amazing and even Chad loved it! I have never been to a show on Broadway and it was well worth it! Wicked was a great story and a wonderful show. I am so thankful my hubby took my to see it.
After the show we went back to the hotel to change into more comfortable clothes and shoes and walked to the Empire State building. We went up to the 86th floor where it was very windy and took a few pics from the top of the building. It was quite a sight and I am really glad we were able to fit that in. After that we walked to the restaurant where we had dinner reservations. We went to Bar American which is one of Bobby Flay's restaurants! We are big fans! We had a wonderful meal and a great time being together just the two of us. We took a long walk after dinner and then went back to the hotel for a great night's sleep. No middle of the night visitors!
On Sunday we shopped and shopped! We bought some great presents and souvenirs with for the kids. We headed back on the train late in the afternoon and made it home in time to see the kids off to bed. We had a wonderful weekend and I am really glad we were able to spend that quality time together! I don't have any great pictures of the weekend downloaded just yet, but I will try to put some up soon!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! What hotel did you stay at? We stayed at the Westin in Times Square when we went...
So glad that he is home for a little bit. Brad loved wicked too!
Post a Comment