Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Well....another birthday come and gone.  Now I am 31!  Can't believe how time flies even for myself.  We had quite an exciting day because Maddie locked me out of the house!  For those of you in Italy you know it is not good to get locked out of these houses as they are built like a fortress that you just cannot break in to.  So, here is the story.  Maddie and I were getting ready to go out for a nice lunch with the AOCSC and we were just about ready when we peeked outside and there were some beautiful flowers delivered for me from my sweet hubby.  So, I thought they were so pretty sitting there proped up against the door that I would get my camera and take a picture of them.  I went back inside and grabbed the camera and headed back outside followed by Maddie who proceeded to close the door, which locks automatically, behind me!  At first I didn't even think about it and continued to take a quick picture.  Then all the sudden it hit me.....UH OH!  The door is locked!  I ran around the house to find the kitchen door also closed and locked!  So, there I am with Maddie locked out with no phone, purse, wallet, or money!  There is no where to walk from our house and even if I could call someone I don't even know any phone numbers. 

Luckily at this point it was already about 11 am and I had a wonderful friend coming to pick me up for lunch at 11:15.  So, thank goodness for that!  Of course when she pulled up I had to tell her that I am locked out and have no belongings on me so could she please buy Maddie and I lunch?!  She was more than happy to help us out!  While I was waiting I also realized that since Chad is out of town that meant my house keys were sitting in his car safe at work!  So, after taking me out to lunch my friend drove me to the base and we talked our way on since I had no identification!  We found Chad's keys and I was saved! 

The rest of the day was pretty low key and the kids and I just celebrated with a couple pices of cheesecake from the commisary.  I was sung to by my sweet children and had lots of kisses and hugs for my birthday!  I also learned a very important lesson.....get a hide-a-key!  Maddie and I were at the hardware store first thing in the morning to have a key made and now I will never be locked out again!  Hopefully!

Happy Birthday to Me!  Here are the beautiful flowers that got me in trouble!

No comments: