Thursday, March 25, 2010

Accident on the School Playgroud

It's not the first injury and I am sure it will not be the last, but it was certainly a little traumatic.  I recieved a call from school about 12:15 that Austin had fallen on the playground during recess and hit his head.  At that point they had stopped the bleeding but were taking him to the nurse and recommended that I come take him to the clinic.  So, Maddie and I hopped in the car and went to pick him up.  He was doing pretty good when we arrived and everyone said he had been quite the brave boy!  We went over to the clinic and were seen pretty quickly.  Luckily he didn't need any stiches just some dermabond to do the trick!  And it worked pretty well!  The longest part was waiting for the Lidocaine cream to numb the area, during which we got to watch Star Wars and now I think we might just have to buy that movie because Austin was pretty excited about it!  Here is a picture of Austin at the doctor and our post injury Gelato treat!  Gelato makes everything better!


1 comment:

Robyn said...

Poor guy! Looks like it hurts. Nothing scarier than getting a call from the school nurse!