Monday, March 17, 2008

Graduation!

What an exciting weekend we've had! Chad is now an official F-16 pilot! Chad's parents arrived on Wednesday and were here through the weekend. Austin and Madison had a great time being spoiled by the grandparents! On Friday we had a very busy day with all the graduation activities. Friday morning I got to go on an F-16 taxi ride which was very exciting, I wish we could have taken off! Then we were able to go to the simulator and all of us got a chance to try out the F-16. We did pretty good, but I did crash one time! It was fun to try it out though.


Friday night we had the graduation dinner which was held in one of the hangers. It was so great dining with the Viper. Our background music for the dinner was the jets that were night flying taking off with the afterburners lit up! It was pretty exciting! We had a great meal and a great time celebrating with all our friends! I am so proud of Chad because it has been a long road to get to this exciting point and we are ready to start our F-16 flying career. Chad should be off to Korea sometime in July for his first operational assignment. I know he is very excited to get to his first assignment, but also very sad to be leaving us. Hopefully it will just fly by!


We hope everyone is doing well and I will try to post again with pics from the kids b-day party!

No comments: