We had a very busy yet fun first weekend of December! Started out on Friday night with a First Friday at the squadron and gift exchange. We went home with a great gift considering what some left with! We got a "car bomb" package complete with Bailey's, Guinness, and Jack! I think I will just stick to a littel Bailey's in coffee! At least we have our first bottle of liquor! We had to leave our whole stash in PA, so we need to build back up. Saturday morning we were up bright and early for the children's Chrismas party. The kids had a good time doing crafts and games. They even got to sit on Santa's lap! Maddie did it! She didn't even cry! In fact she looked at Santa and informed him that all she wants for Christmas is Babies! That's all she ever talks about. The kids came home after the party and crashed from their sugar high to naptime.
Saturday afternoon we went to base and bought our Christmas tree from the boy scouts. We have a pretty nice tree and it's very tall. Let's just say it has character! Oh well, I guess beggars can't be choosers. The kids were so excited to get the tree and of course wanted to get it up right away, but they managed to wait until Sunday. Saturday night we had a great night out at a local restaurant for a farewell. We were saying good bye to four couples in our squadron. There was a great turn out and we had a great time with a delicious meal! Mom, I think we need to take you there when you come out!
Sunday morning came and the kids slept in a little which was very welcome after a late night out. We just kind of laid around in the morning and then got to work. Chad worked outside most of the day getting the yard done for the winter. I helped a little by mowing the huge front yard. Then we set up the tree and put up the lights! It was so pretty and I just love the feel of having a real tree! We had some dinner and baths and then the kids finally got into the ornaments. Maddie was really excited to check them all out and see which ones were hers. I think this is the first year that she is really getting into Christmas and all that it's about. Austin loved putting all his ornaments on the tree, but he still doesn't understand that you can't put them all on the same branch. Mommy had to do a little rearranging after everyone went to bed.
Well, that was our busy weekend! We hope you all had a great one and I will post pics of Santa and our tree a little later!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment