Monday, November 23, 2009

Leaves, Leaves, Leaves!

So, you all know that we have this huge yard which we love with a ton of trees which we also love, but I don't love the leaves so much when they fall to the ground. We have raked for two weekends now and we haven't even scrached the surface. Everytime I look outside there are more leaves where we just raked them up! We are not trying to really get them all, but we need to get enough so that Chad doesn't drown in leaves when he tries to cut the grass one last time. The other day Maddie was walking through an area with four huge trees right above and the leaves were up to her knees. This wasn't a pile of leaves, but just the covering on the ground.

At least there is one positive to all this leaf raking. The kids are loving jumping into the leaf piles and have a great time helping us rake them all up. After jumping in the first big pile of leaves a week or so ago Austin looked up at me and said, "I have been waiting my whole life to do that!" Well, that must have been a LONG wait! 5 1/2 whole years! My goodness! Anyway, here are a few cute pics of the kids playing in the leaves. I also took some video, so I will try to get that up soon too!




1 comment:

Robyn said...

How cool! Probably cooler to look at pictures than to be the one to rake them up though! ;)