Saturday, August 15, 2009

Arrival in Italy!

We have arrived! Well, we arrived about two weeks ago and I am just getting around to posting! Can you blame me?! We are still feeling very overwhelmed and I hear it will take a few months to really feel adjusted to the different lifestyle over here. We have found a house and we are expected to be moved in by the first of September. Our small shipments are already here, but we can't have them delivered until we move in. Our large shipment from the states should be here the first week of September right after we get the house. We have one car right now which is the van we bought from some friends that were leaving, but we are still on the search for a little car for Chad. One by one we are checking things off our to do list, but it slow going. Here are a picture of our house....

It feels a little like traveling back in time coming over here. Everything is just old and we are so spoiled from every modern convience back in the states. You have to figure out all kinds of things from using 3 adapters to plug something in to how to run your dryer without flipping the breakers. You can only run so many appliances at one time. I don't think I have ever had to worry about that before! Oh well, I am sure we will catch on eventually!

We are really looking forward to getting settled so that we can start on our main objective which is traveling! Austin starts kindergarten in a few weeks, so I guess we will have to plan our trips around three day weekends! We welcome any and all visitors, so make you plans now! We hope all our friends and family are well and we will post more soon when we things calm down a little more!

No comments: