Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Trimming the Tree!

We have been waiting about three days to decorate the most gigantic tree I have ever seen and tonight we finally got to it. It was a rough start because the tree is probably a little over 10 foot tall and probably the same in width! It's HUGE! So, we brought it home on Sunday night and put it in a stand that was a little too small and the next morning there it was on the floor! So, we had to get a new tree stand yesterday big enough to handle this monster. We wanted to give it until tonight to make sure it's sturdy. Well, it made it through the night and I strung up the lights during nap time. After dinner Austin was so excited to get out the ornaments, so we got right to it. He had so much fun taking out each ornament and talking about them. Just about every ornament seemed to belong to daddy or Austin. We talked about the different ornaments and who gave them to us or where they came from. It was so nice to talk about all the little stories behind certain ones. We do have some very interesting ones made by Austin in school last year! I think they add character, right?

I am definitely in the Christmas spirit and almost done shopping too! Now I just have to get to the wrapping. The Christmas letter is done and almost all my envelopes are addressed, so I am hoping to have the cards in the mail by this weekend. We hope everyone is enjoying getting ready for the holidays. We miss you all!

1 comment:

Janell said...

You guys have been busy. Love all the pictures from Korea, New York and getting ready for Christmas! The kids are getting so big! Have a great Christmas and hopefully we can catch up soon.
Janell