Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Move is Complete!

We have arrived at our final destination for the year in Chadds Ford, PA. We moved in last week to Nana's house and we are starting to get settled. We had about a week here with Chad before he left for Kunsan. Chad flew out yesterday and he is in San Francisco today waiting for his flight to Seoul, Korea this afternoon. We are very sad and are trying to get through these first few days of adjustment without him. I have to say I know it is the hardest on Austin because he just doesn't really understand what is going on. There really isn't a great way to explain to him what daddy has to do. He seems to be doing OK today, but last night was a little rough getting him to calm down and go to bed. When he finally closed his eyes he was asleep in minutes. Maddie on the other hand just has no idea what's going on. Luckily we will be able to talk to him frequently and even see him once or twice a week on the web cam! I think that will really help the kids!

Anyway, enough of the sad stuff! We had a great time in St. Louis for a few weeks and got to do all kinds of fun things like the zoo, Magic House, Sky Zone, and the City Museum. We had a really nice trip spending time with all our friends and family! I will try to update our online photo album soon with some of our new pictures.

We should have some exciting time here in the next couple of months. We will be going to the beach for a week at the end of the month with Nana, Grandpa, and Uncle Kevin. Austin is really looking forward to the week at the beach and I am sure he will have a great time! Then in August he will be taking some swimming lessons at the YMCA, so he will love that! In September he will be starting at a new pre-school for the year. He will be going to school every day for 2 1/2 hours each day. We just went and checked out the school yesterday and it looks like a really great environment and we are really looking forward to starting that!

Well, I think that's all for now! Check your e-mail for an address and phone number update. Please keep Chad in your prayers as he finishes his long journey around the world. I will let everyone know when he has arrived safely!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I'm really sorry Becky!! That is so hard, I can't even imagine. Erick is deployed right now--there are a lot of great kids books about deployment that Austin would like. A Paper Hug...we have a few others too if you are intersted I can send you the titles. Also check out this site: daddydolls.com. Kinda strange, but they have been SO HELPFUL for our girls. I am glad you can be with your mom. I know that will help your loniness factor a lot. I will be praying for you guys!!!