Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Moving across the country!

I am sorry it's been so long since posting, but it has been pretty crazy in our family! We are in the middle of moving across the country! I will try to post some new pics soon, but I thought I would at least get a quick update out! We left the Phoenix area last Tuesday and took 3 days to travel with our new minivan and the biggest U-Haul we could find to travel to St. Louis. Yes, that's right we have a new car and it's a minivan! Long story short, we traded in the Expedition and sold the truck to lease the van instead because we were very nervous about being able to sell the Expedition next summer! Anyway, we made it to St. Louis in three days and the kids did great with the travel. We stayed in St. Louis until Sunday when Chad and I left the kids with their grandparents and finished the drive to Chadds Ford, PA with the U-Haul. We drove about 15 hours in one day. We then unloaded and unpacked on Monday and Tuesday morning and then we flew back to St. Louis on Tuesday afternoon. Whew, it wears me out again just writing about it!

Now we have a little break in St. Louis with the Fuller's and PaPa Stillwell for a few weeks. Our plan is just to relax and have some nice time with family and friends and just with each other before we say goodbye to daddy for the next year. Today Austin, Daddy, and Grandpa went to the transportation museum to check out some great old trains! Needless to say, Austin had a great time! We are leaving in the morning to head down to the lake for the weekend. If I don't post again before the weekend we want to wish all the daddy's a great Father's Day!


Our next leg of our cross-country move will start on June 29th when we leave with the kids from St. Louis and take about 2 days to drive to Pennsylvania.

No comments: