Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Philidelphia Race for the Cure

This past Sunday on Mother's day we went to Philadelphia for the Race for the Cure. It was a great experience! We had such a great time and it was really inspiring to see so many strong positive women! I ran the 5K and my mom did the 5K walk with the kids in the stroller. I ran first and that was the first time I had participated in any type of race, so I am really proud that I was able to do it. I know it's only a 5K, but now that I know I can do it I want to try a 10K next! I have never been a runner, so we'll see if I can do it! The kids did great and had a fun time although they were pretty tired from getting up at 5:30 am to get there in time! My mom said Austin walked about the first mile and then rode in the stroller. After running I walked back a mile and caught up with them about the 2 mile mark and finished the walk with them. My mom has a friend Karen, who is a breast cancer survivor, who participated with us. We also had a few other girls from AI Dupont Children's Hospital walking with us! It was a great time and we felt inspired being there! Here are a few pics from our day.

My mom and her friends from work Melissa, Casey, and Karen


Ed, Chris, Maddie, Me, and Austin getting ready to go!

No comments: