We have had truly busy and crazy summer! We are just now trying to catch up and recover before the start of school tomorrow! We arrived back in Italy after our visit to the states in July and about 4 weeks later had to return to St. Louis for an emergency with my brother Stephen. Stephen continues to be hospitalized in the ICU at Barnes hospital in St. Louis. We were able to get there to visit with him and our family. Stephen made some significant improvement while we were visiting, but he has a long road ahead of him before he is fully recovered. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.
We arrived back in Italy about one week ago and have just been trying to relax and catch up before the start of school. The kids are doing great and Austin is very excited about starting 1st grade this year. Tomorrow will be his first day and the early morning start is probably going to be quite a rude awakening! We will all be able to take him to school tomorrow and I am looking forward to meeting his teacher and hearing all about his first day of school. Madison will be starting her new pre-school program in a couple more weeks. For now she will be going to a two day a week program on base, but I am still hopeful that I can soon get her into the Italian Asilo.
I promise promise to try and get caught up on the blogs over the new few days. I am very behind on my photo blog, but I hope I can start fresh and keep up over the next few months. I am just going to have to post the pics I have because there are quite a few days that didn't have any pictures! I am sure I will be posting tomorrow about the first day of school!
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment