Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ski Bunnies



What a busy week we have had!  My mom and Ed were here for a visit and I think we packed in about as many activities as we possibly could in one week!  I will have a few posts about it, but thought I would start with our little ski trip.  Last weekend we wanted to go skiing and didn't think there was much snow up on the mountain very near our house so we set out to find some!  We drove about two hours to a town called Allghe where Mt. Civetta is.  We had some great first time skiing experiences.  It was Austin and Mommy's first time ever on skiis and I have to say I don't think we did too bad.  We all took turns taking care of Maddie and skiing.  My mom and Ed love to ski, so it was high on their priority list to try it out over here. 

We started out on the bunny slope where Austin and I tried to get adjusted to being on the skiis.  It was very difficult and we were both having our share of issues.  Ed and Chad were being very patient trying to teach us.  After a little while trying that out we headed inside for lunch as the kids were getting pretty cold by then.  While we were eating Chad and Ed went all the way to the top which was beautiful from what I saw in the pictures and they made it all the way back down.  After lunch Ed took me on a slightly bigger slope where I probably fell about 15 times in the course of 45 min!  It took me awhile to get down what seemed like a little hill!

After that I took an hour private lesson which was great and just what I needed to feel a little more confident on the skiis.  Austin worked with Ed while I had my lesson.  He was doing great by the end of the day and went down a pretty good size "bunny" slope with me.  Overall we had a pretty good day and hopefully we are a little better prepared for our ski trip to Austria next weekend!  Here are some great pics of Austin learning to ski!


No comments: